During the next three months, seven CSOs that are sub-grantees of the Civil Society Resource Centre will provide a solidarity response to the COVID-19 crisis. They will help more than 1,000 socially disadvantaged families, members of marginalised groups, farmers and victims of domestic violence.
Most of the grantees will provide humanitarian aid to vulnerable categories of citizens in order for them to more easily overcome the crisis, whereas, other activities are related to providing psychosocial support to victims of domestic violence and sharing useful information in communities.
Urgent actions will be carried out mainly locally, in Kumanovo, Prilep, Gostivar, Berovo, Pehchevo, Delchevo, Tetovo and Skopje, while some of them will provide support at the national level.
List of sub-grantees:
- Citizens’ Association for Promotion of Cultural and Spiritual Values LEGIS Skopje with the project „WE CAN – Urgent Solidarity Action”
- National Council for Gender Equality with the project„ Combat Domestic Violence during Isolation”
- Humanitarian and Charitable Association St. Mother Tereza – Kumanovo with the project „We can Win Together”
- Institute for Green Policies and Development, Berovo with the project „ Small farmers, local food and COVID-19: What you need to know?”
- Association for Perspective Integration and Development Roma Perspective Prilep with the project „Purpose of life is solidarity through help”
- Association of Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Transsexuals – LGBT United Tetovo with the project „COVID-19 challenge and the LGBTI Community”
- Humanitarian and Charitable Roma Association Mesecina, Gostivar with the project „Without Corona Help to Homes”
Total fund for these sub-grantees is 715.631 MKD.
At the extraordinary call for grants for CSOs’ urgent response to COVID-19, 107 applications from CSOs were received.